Procurement and Tendering – How it Works
Thursday 17th October 2019
ERA Associates Training are delighted to announce the first workshop in their procurement and tendering series, working with East London Business Place, Building Legacies.
It’s no longer enough to compete only on price and as buying organisations become more risk-averse, they need to manage their own liabilities by asking about supplier’s performance and procedural controls. Many small businesses have difficulty converting to a more competitive approach, as they are less likely to have all the supporting evidence and documentation required to answer the buyer’s questions.
Larger value and public sector contract opportunities are advertised in portals, so SMMEs need to know where to find them and how to sign up. There is also a skill in identifying those opportunities that are worth pursuing and those where time will not be spent usefully. Organisations need to have criteria in place to assist with opportunity selection to maximise results. In this workshop you will look at:
- Procurement processes and legal framework
- Find out where/how opportunities are advertised – registering and using e-portals
- Learn the difference between an EOI, PQQ and ITT
- How to respond to an opportunity and deadlines
- Understand implications for you as a supplier
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Decide if you are ready for competitive procurement
- Find, prepare for and respond to competitive opportunities
- Define your own strategy and planning process for the PQQ and tendering process
Who should attend:
You should attend this workshop if you are a director or senior manager from a company:
- looking at a medium to long term strategy to grow the business
- looking for new opportunities
- wanting to get started on PQQs / Tenders, but don’t know where to start
If you are already successfully completing PQQs / Tenders, then this workshop is probably not for you.
Trainer Bio: Tony Stewart
Tony is a consultant at ERA Associates Training with Rachel Widdows, delivering specialist training and advice in Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management. They conduct workshops on all aspects of these issues for Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMMEs), they also work with sole traders and employers on a ‘1-2-1’ basis to provide specialist, confidential, impartial and practical support and training to enable our clients to gain accreditations and win new contracts.
Date And Time
Thu, 17 October 2019
09:00 – 13:00 BST
Holiday Inn Express London- ExCel
1018 Dockside Road
For further details and to register, please see the Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/procurement-and-tendering-how-it-works-tickets-72097466463?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing